Wireless Intercom System
With the ability to connect every room in a home, office or other large building to all other rooms, a wireless intercom system provides instant communication among everyone who is physically in that building at any given time.
How Does a Wireless Intercom System Operate?
Utilizing several different frequency ranges in a similar manner that cordless telephones use, wireless intercoms in the United States integrate the MURS (150 MHz) with wireless intercoms, effectively enabling communication from room to room without wires cluttering up floors, lining baseboards or taped to walls.
Encrypted wireless intercom systems are also available which inhibit eavesdropping and ensure private conversations within the home or business. Since wireless intercoms employ frequencies that are accessible by the public, communication could be overheard by those who use baby monitors, scanners or cordless telephones. If privacy is important to you, choosing an encrypted wireless intercom would effectively satisfy this requirement.
Installation of Wireless Intercom System
Wireless intercom systems are much easier to install than wired intercoms, which require implementation of wire connections throughout all areas of a building. In fact, you don’t have to install anything with a wireless intercom. Simply plug the units into power outlets or place batteries in the units and you will soon be able to talk to someone in another part of the residence. In addition, some wireless intercoms are equipped with wireless headsets as well for private, hands-free communication with others in the home or business.
Benefits of a Wireless Intercom System
No more shouting and not being heard when you have a wireless intercom installed in your home or business. If you are busy and can’t leave what you are doing, simply pushing a button allows you to ask an important question or tell a child not to forget his school lunch no matter where he or she is in the home. Other benefits of owning a wireless intercom include:
- Convenient and easy to use, even for younger children
- Communication ranges of over 1000 feet
- Beneficial to those who are housebound or confined to one room because of handicap or illness
- Business office intercoms save time and money because employees do not have to leave their work area in order to find someone to which they need to speak
- Easily transferred from one home or building to another
- Units available for outdoor use
- Provides excellent security measures for the home and business—keep in contact with others at all times
- Ability to listen to children playing in another room while doing laundry or in the kitchen
- It is a nifty device to have when hosting a party--you can have music piped into every room which contains an intercom
- Wireless intercoms can be implemented in garages or work sheds for instant communication to the main house
As an affordable and serviceable device providing so many advantages to the home or business owner, it doesn’t make sense not to have a wireless intercom system integrated into your lifestyle and working to keep your family or business safe and secure from unwanted intrusions.
Please contact us for quotation or support. Our security consultants will help you design the right security solution.